Today, during Holy Mass, Jesus inspired a simple image: an earthen pan filled with muddy water.
The pan represents me.
I look at myself and sometimes I see only my failures, weaknesses, sins, mistakes and imperfections. I feel unworthy, dirty and rejected.
“I am dirty and rejected.”
Then I saw Jesus coming and looking into that same muddy water.
Jesus looks into the pan, His own face is reflected in the water.
Jesus says:
“My child, dont focus on your dirtiness. When I look at you, I see what I have placed in you. I see Myself.”
How beautiful is the love of Jesus!
We may spend so much time looking at ourselves—our failures, our past, our weaknesses, what others think about us and the things we cannot change.
But Jesus is always looking at us.
He sees us all the time.
The real question is:
Am I looking to Jesus?
Or am I constantly looking at myself?
When I keep looking at myself, I see my dirtiness.
When I look at others, I see their faults.
When I look at the world, I become distracted.
But when I look at Jesus, His light begins to enter me.
The muddy water does not need to become perfect before Jesus looks at it. Jesus looks at me exactly where I am and invites me to turn my eyes towards Him.
He embraces me and says:
“Look at Me. Don't keep looking at your dirt. Look at Me. Let My face become the reflection of your life.”
The more I look at Jesus, the more His light transforms me.
The more I remain in His presence, the more I become like Him.
The Psalm gives us this beautiful invitation:
“Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” — Psalm 34:5
Today, Jesus is asking me:
“I see you all the time.
Are you seeing Me?
Are you looking at Me?”
Lord Jesus, help me to stop staring at my failures and start gazing at You. Let Your face be reflected in my life, even when I feel broken, dirty or unworthy.
Jesus, I look to You.
Jesus, I trust in You.
Let me become a reflection of You.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.